DPS Road Test: Frisco, TX
Road Test Requirements vary by age
- Be at least 16 years of age, have held a valid learner license for a minimum of six months, completed an approved Teen or Parent Taught Driver Education in its entirety and completed the Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) course.
- Be 18-24 years of age, have completed the adult driver education course in its entirety (or have completed an approved Teen or Parent Taught Driver Education in its entirety) and have a restricted driver license and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program.
- Be 25 years of age or older and have a restricted driver license and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program.
ITD is available through the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Impact Texas Drivers website: https://impacttexasdrivers.dps.texas.gov/ Choose the ITD program for your age group. For Age 25 years of age and older, choose the ITD program for age 18-24 because the ITD program for age 25 and older is not yet available and the DPS will accept the certificate for the 18-24 ITD one hour video at this time.
How to Easily Schedule Your Road Test and Pre-Test Appointment Below
For Best Results,Schedule Your Pre-Test (Practice Test)
- For the best results, we recommend that you schedule a Pre-Test 30 minutes prior to your scheduled Road Test appointment.
- The Pre-Test is a practice test administered by Mr. Patrick Barrett or one of his sons or associate instructors/examiners (who are all certified, licensed instructors). During the Pre-Test, we can make corrections in your driving that will aid you in scoring better on the test and help you become a safer driver. During the actual test Mr. Barrett (or our associate examiner) is prohibited from helping or coaching you or even answering questions except those concerning directions (state rule).
- While we strongly recommend the Pre-Test for all applicants, the Pre-Test is practically a MUST for Adults – anyone age 18 and over. Most Adults have had little or no formal training. There are 108 specific items that are scored by the Examiner – the Pre-Test is the best way to insure that you (the applicant) perform at your best and are well prepared for the Road Test.
- If you are not well prepared for the Road Test, your chances of passing are diminished. Take advantage of the Pre-Test and be prepared.
- Remember, by rule the Examiner is prohibited from helping or coaching you or even answering questions except those concerning direction. The Pre-Test is a great investment.
- You can schedule a Pre-Test appointment online for the same price of $135, at the same time you register for your Road Test appointment. Just make sure you select two available slots back-to-back (30 minutes apart) in our online booking calendar (one after the other, before you checkout through PayPal). This will let you pay for both at the same time, in one transaction. (Having a PayPal account is not required.)
- If you can not find two adjacent slots 30 minutes apart in our online booking calendar, contact us so we can open up a special day and time for you to take both your Pre-test and DPS Road Test, back-to-back on the same day. Just call us during business hours from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, at: 1-800-562-6405.