How to Prepare for your Scheduled DPS Road Test
Thank you for scheduling your road test. Appointment details have been sent to you by email. If you don’t receive it within several minutes, check your spam or junk email folder.
Below are the things you must do to prepare for your road test appointment:
1. Send the following information to us by email (at email@example.com) or by text (at 832-819-1931), ASAP so we can verify that all your paperwork is in order:
- Student’s First Name, Middle, & Last Name
- Student’s Date of Birth
- Permit Number
- A signed copy of the ITTD certificate (see #2 below)
- A filled out and signed copy of DE-964 (Driver Education Certificate)
- DE-964 Number
2. All students must complete the required two hour Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) program that the DPS has added as a prerequisite for road testing. This is a new course required by the DPS for drivers taking the road test after 9/1/14 from third party testers. You can access the ITTD Program through this link.
3. Bring the following to your road test appointment:
- Original DE 964
- A copy of the DE 964
- Your student’s permit (learner license)
- A copy of your student’s permit (learner license)
- A parent or legal guardian
- The vehicle you are using for the test, along with: a. Valid inspection, b. Valid registration, c. License plates, d. Proof of insurance. (Teen does not have to be listed as insured, but may not be listed as EXCLUDED on the insurance)
The instructor/examiner will ask a few verification questions about the course before the test begins.
We will verify the paperwork before the test, inspect the vehicle driven during the test, and after the test we will complete the paperwork.
The test takes about 12-15 minutes. After a successful test, we will put the originals (except for Learner’s License) in an envelope and seal the envelope with tamper proof tape. We are required to keep the copies on file.
Cancellation Policy: There will be no refund for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of appointment. If you would to reschedule your appointment or cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you let us know at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you were unable to make it to your scheduled Road Test appointment and did not give enough notice, you can schedule another appointment at a reduced rate.