How to Prepare for your Scheduled DPS Road Test
Thank you for scheduling your road test. Details for your appointment and the test routes have been sent to you by email. If you do not receive it within several minutes, please check your Spam. If you still do not see them, please contact us by either text, (832) 906-8812, or by email, email@example.com so we can get your email sent again.
Below are the things you must do to prepare for your road test appointment:
1. Send pictures of the following information to us by text, (832) 906-8812, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, ASAP so we can verify that all of your paperwork is in order.
- Tester’s valid Learner License (front and back)
- A signed copy of the ITD certificate (See #2 below)
- A DE-964 or ADE-1317 certificate filled out and signed if applicable
2. ALL testers must complete the required Impact Texas Driver (ITD) program that the DPS has added as a prerequisite for the road test. This is a course required by the DPS for drivers taking the road test after 09/01/2014. Testers 16-17 will complete the Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) course and testers 18 and older course should complete the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) course. Testers who complete a full Driver Education course and receive a DE-964 are required to complete the Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) no matter what their age is.
You can access the ITD Program through this link.
3. Bring the following to your road test appointment:
- Tester’s valid Learner License
- Impact Texas Driver (ITD) certificate
- DE-964 or ADE-1317 certificate if applicable
- A parent or legal guardian (if completed a FULL Driver Education course)
- The vehicle you are using for the test, along with:
- valid Inspection/Registration sticker (or a temporary plate from the dealership will suffice for the registration),
- license plates (on both the front & back of vehicle if registered in Texas), and
- proof of insurance (tester does not have to be listed as insured, but may not be listed as EXCLUDED on the insurance)
The test takes about 12-15 minutes. After a successful test, we will put the Originals (except for Learner License) in an envelope and seal the envelope with tamper proof tape. You are then required to take that to your local DPS to turn in. The DPS will be the one who issues the Driver License.