How to Prepare for your Scheduled DPS Road Test
Thank you for scheduling your road test. Appointment details have been sent to you in an email with “Your Road Test Appointment (DriverEdInABox.Com)” in the subject line.
There are three things you must do to be prepared for your road test appointment:
1. Send the following information to us by email, at email@example.com, so we can fill out your paperwork beforehand:
- Student’s First Name, Middle, & Last Name
- Permit Number
- Date of Birth
- DE-964 Number
2. All students must complete the required two hour Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) program that the DPS has added as a prerequisite for road testing. This is a new course required by the DPS for drivers taking the road test after 9/1/14 from third party testers. You can access the ITTD Program through this link.
3. Bring the following to your road test appointment:
- Original DE 964
- A copy of the DE 964
- Your student’s permit (learner license)
- A copy of your student’s permit (learner license)
- A parent or legal guardian
- The vehicle you are using for the test, along with: a. Valid inspection, b. Valid registration, c. License plates, d. Proof of insurance. (Teen does not have to be listed as insured, but may not be listed as EXCLUDED on the insurance)
Patrick Barrett will ask a few verification questions about the course before the test begins.
We will verify the paperwork before the test, inspect the vehicle driven during the test, and after the test we will complete the paperwork.
The test takes about 12-15 minutes. After a successful test, we will put the originals (except for Learner’s License) in an envelope and seal the envelope with tamper proof tape. We are required to keep the copies on file.
The test will begin on Whiteback, between L.A. Fitness and At Home, North of I-10 and East of Fry Rd in Katy TX. This is behind Panera Bread 19502 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77094.
The links below provide two map options for directions to the Katy TX test site starting point, and the two approved testing routes for this location:
Below is a photo of the location:
Please arrive ten minutes before your scheduled test time.
Thank you for your trust in us. If you have questions or concerns about your DPS road test appointment, contact us here.
Driver Ed in a Box
There will be no refund for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of appointment. If you would to reschedule your appointment or cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you let us know at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you were unable to make it to your scheduled Road Test appointment and did not give enough notice, you can schedule another appointment at a reduced rate.