Road Test Requirements
- You must be between the ages of 16-24 and have completed a full driver education course (not the 6 hour adult course) and received a DE-964.
- All students must complete the required two hour Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) program that the DPS has added as a prerequisite for road testing. This is a new course required by the DPS for drivers taking the road test after 9/1/14 from third party testers.
How to Easily Schedule Your Road Test Appointment Below
- Click to choose an appointment date in one of the calendars below (available dates are shown as clickable links). A small pop up window will then appear. If you see a date that you want and the window has a line through it, click that date – if a cancellation has occurred or a time has opened up, you can schedule on that date.
- In the popup window, click to choose an available appointment time for that date. The popup window will then close, and the selected date and time of your appointment will be shown just below the calendars. To change an appointment date or time, repeat these steps.
- Enter your phone, name, email, and any comments or questions you may have, in the brief form fields below the calendars. Then click the “Proceed to Payment Options…” button.
- After submitting your $85 payment securely online, your appointment time will be reserved for you, and you’ll be sent a receipt and appointment confirmation details by email.
- It is important that you read the emails and respond to us as requested – this will speed up the process the day of your test.
- If you have questions or prefer to order by credit card over the phone, (during business hours, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday), call 800-562-6405. See all contact options here.
How to Easily Schedule Your Pre-Test (Practice Test)
- For the best results, we recommend that you schedule a Pre-Test 30 minutes prior to your scheduled Road Test appointment.
- The Pre-Test is a practice test administered by Mr. Patrick Barrett or one of his associates (who are licensed instructors). During the Pre-Test, we can make corrections in your driving that will aid you in scoring better on the test and help you become a safer driver. During the actual test Mr. Barrett (or our associate examiner) is prohibited from helping or coaching you or even answering questions except those concerning directions (state rule).
- Once you register for your Road Test appointment, you can schedule a Pre-Test appointment for $85. You can schedule you Pre-Test by calling us at 1-800-562-6405 (M-F, 10-5).
Don’t see a time that works for you? Call 800-562-6405 and special arrangements can be made to open up a special day and time for your Road Test.
Cancellation Policy: There will be no refund for no-shows or cancellations within 72 hours of appointment. If you would like to reschedule your appointment or cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you let us know at least 72 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you were unable to make it to your scheduled Road Test appointment and did not give enough notice, you can schedule another appointment at a reduced rate.